Wednesday, March 17, 2010

March 17 2010 Travus T. Hipp Morning News & Commentary: Tis Spring - The Western World Is In Crisis, AndThere Are People In The Streets

"All The News You Never Knew You Needed To Know ...Until Now."

Cabale News ServiceMarch 17 2010 Travus T. Hipp Morning News & Commentary: Ahhh! Tis Spring - The Western World Is In Crisis, There Are People In The Streets, And All I See Are Useless Signs

[Pop Out Player? Click Here]
Prefer An MP3 Playlist?
It's Here: [192kbps CBR 8:34 Minutes]
Other Audio Formats Available [ Here ]

Twitter This Commentary

In The News:
Thanks this morning to ChrisM, my MP3Angel, for supplying audio files of the news and commentary.

Due to time constraints there will be no text news synopsis this morning...

However, there are a couple of news items to note:

Dennis Kucinich, Vegan, and firm supporter of health care for all AKA the 'Public Option', has made an announcement that he will support the Obama administration's health reform bill
"...Each generation has had to decide how to provide health care to our nation. I believe health care is a civil right. We’ve always seen resistance. I’ve spent my life striving for health care. I lived in 21 different places growing up, including a couple cars. I’ve struggled with Krohn’s disease most of my adult life. I’ve learned of the benefits of taking charge of my own health care. I’ve had access to the best practitioners, and I’ve received the benefits. Health and health care is personal.

…Some believe health care is a privilege based on ability to pay. Obama is attempting to open health care to 30 million people within a for-profit health care system. Others believe that health care is a right, and should be non-profit. I expanded the health care debate beyond a for-profit system. The first version of health care bill made the bill worth supporting in committee. I joined Progressive Caucus in saying I wouldn’t support without a public option or an ERISA waiver for single payer.

Some said I would cast deciding vote. President’s visit to my district underscored the urgency. I have taken this fight further than many in Congress cared to carry it.

OH-10 district has suffered under a struggling economy. I take my responsibility personally. In the past week, it’s become clear that the vote on the final health care bill will be close. I take this vote seriously. I’m quite aware of the historic flight that has taken decades. I’ve seen the political and financial pressure against taking this minimal step. I know I have to make a decision on the bill as it is. My criticism of the legislation has been well-reported. I do not retract those criticisms. They stand as legitimate and cautionary. I have doubts about the bill. It is not a step toward anything I supported. However, after careful discussions with the President, the Speaker, I have decided to cast a vote in favor of the legislation. If my vote is to be counted, let it count now in passage of the bill, hopefully in the direction of comprehensive reform. [Liveblogged with commentary, at Firedoglake]

US military news... Following on the heels of a report that the unemployment rate is higher among returning Iraq/Afghanistan veterans in the 18-24 year old range (21.1% Vs 16.6% for civilian youth) McClatchy news notes that the sexual assault rate is higher as well, and there are beliefs that the higher rate is under-reported:
Washington - The number of sexual assaults reported in the U.S. military rose 11 percent last year, the Defense Department said Tuesday, but Pentagon officials conceded that they still don't know how common sexual assaults are because many troops fear retribution if the attacks come to the attention of their commanders.

Despite the suspected underreporting, sexual assault is more common in the military than it is among the civilian population, the report suggests — two for every 1,000 service members, versus 1.8 per 1,000 civilian women and one per 1,000 civilian men, according to statistics compiled by the Family Violence Prevention Fund. [In Full]


In other US military news...
Queer? Come Out, Sell Out, Visit Exotic Lands, Meet New People, And Kill Them - "Petraeus: 'Time has come' to rethink gay policy" (IOW, The Pentagon has just plain run out of fresh cannon fodder and WILL NOT risk a draft and the massive violent disruption to American society that would occur.)

Queer Does NOT Equal Killer


-30-

Audio hosting courtesy of: [www.archive.org]

Travus T. Hipp's Commentary Archive Is [ Here]
Search the archive by topic [Here]

Cabale News RSS Feed Via Internet Archive

Creative Commons License
Creative Commons Copyright
Cabale New Service, KPIG Radio, and KVMR radio.
Listen to KPIG
, Listen to KVMR

Recorded & transcribed by Da' Buffalo Amongst Wolves

Da' Buffalo's Google Reader Shared Items Feed is [Here]
View what's current without a feed reader [Here]


In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107 and The Berne Convention on Literary and Artistic Works, Article 10, the news clippings and images used in this posting are made available without profit for research and educational purposes.




Related @ IceRocket: , , , , , , , , , , ,

There Have Been

Visitors To Razed By Wolves & Cabale News
Thanks For Stopping By
.
.


No comments: